We are living in uncertain times.
Uncertainty is a difficult thing to bear, more so because the human mind is incredibly averse to uncertainty. We want answers. We want to know if this disease is going to kill us. We want to know where the provision is going to come from. We want to know if the job will still be there next month. We want to know how our children are going to turn out.
As children of God, a substantial part of our walk with God involves our faith being tested. Most of the time, when our faith is tested, we are tempted to believe in what we see (facts), and forget about what God says (truth).
Facts are temporary and anything that is temporary is subject to change, and yet the truth is eternal.
It is difficult to believe in the truth when you are staring the problem right in the face and you can’t see your way clearly through.
But even in the midst of circumstances looking precarious and threatening, God is still calling us to look beyond the facts……….
- Fact: When I am afraid and overwhelmed.
- Truth: God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind.
- Fact: When I am feeling helpless and hopeless.
- Truth: God will strengthen me and help me; He will uphold me with His righteous right hand.
- Fact: When I think God cannot use someone with my past.
- Truth: There is therefore no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but the Spirit.
- Fact: When I don’t know what He will allow to happen.
- Truth: What the enemy meant for evil, God is working it out for my good.
- Fact: When it feels like I am jumping from one battle to the other.
- Truth: Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord will deliver her out of them all.
- Fact: When it looks like I am surrounded by evil.
- Truth: Those who are for me are more than those who are against me.
- Fact: When I don’t have enough provision for the journey ahead.
- Truth: My God will supply all of my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Fact: When I don’t know when God will move on my behalf.
- Truth: God makes everything beautiful in its time.
- Fact: When the medical diagnosis says the sickness cannot be healed.
- Truth: By the stripes of Jesus I am already healed.
- Fact: When I am told that I am setting myself up for failure.
- Truth: Who is he who speaks and it comes to pass when the Lord has not commanded it.
- Fact: When the puzzle pieces of my life do not make sense.
- Truth: All things work together for the good of them who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
It is in times of uncertainty that we need to stand firm and challenge every fact by the written Word of God.